Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Comments...

Joan had some "home chores" that she wanted to do today, so I was on my own for some riding.  At a stoplight, a car pulled up next to me and the teenage kid at the passenger window said, "Nice hog!" while snickering.

I said, "I've had a bunch of Harleys, kid - this thing will smoke 'em!"

"Seriously?"

"No.  But it does everything I need.  Bet you wish you had one instead of having to ride with someone else?"

The light turned green.  He didn't say anything else as they sped off.

I stopped at the Post Office to pick up our forwarded mail.  When I came out to the bike, there was an older gentleman in the car next to me.  As I popped open the seat, he said, "I was wondering where you were going to put all that mail - that's pretty neat."

"Yep, it's handy."

I definitely liked the old guy better than the kid.  ;-)


No comments: