Thursday, September 12, 2013

Like grown-ups...

A night at the theatre: it was a preview night for the Chemainus Theatre.  The play officially opens tomorrow night, so this is kinda like a full dress rehearsal.  They had some seats reserved for media, otherwise it was open seating.

The Theatre is a beautiful facility...


First class.  Great seating, superb lighting, and the acting was absolutely outstanding.  The play is "A Pretty Girl," a drama set after World War II, about sisters reuniting after years of separation, one in the US, the other in a concentration camp.  I have to say, I am a musical and comedy kinda guy when it comes to theatrical productions... but this was engaging and moving.  The actors received a standing ovation, and deserved it.



They had wine and other treats during intermission... I was almost giddy about Haagen Dazs Ice Cream and Diet Coke in a tall glass glass with ice.  You can dress me up like a grown-up, but I am still a kid at heart.

We were out 'till almost 10:00 pm.  I know: party animals!


No comments: