Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Calm...


A calm start to the morning...


The water looks like glass.  We went to the operations center and officially checked in this morning.  Yep.  Gainfully employed... for the summer.  Remember when you were a kid and you had to get a summer job?  I don't feel like a kid, but...

We stopped at West Marine and Ace Hardware on the way back to the boat.  It's a small West Marine, but the Ace Hardware is amazing - they have a little bit of everything.  We were looking for some seam sealer and waterproofing for our cockpit canvas... West Marine didn't have it, but Ace did.  And, the young lady at the front check-out knew right where it was.

A stop in at the canvas shop here at the marina - two pieces out, one more in.  We are having them put a new long strip of Velcro on one piece - helps to keep the cockpit weather-tight.

While Joan put some waterproofing on the Sunbrella, I took a walk down to the commercial docks where our boats are located.  Met with some staff I knew and some I didn't.  I took a few minutes to look around the boat I usually drive.  She hasn't been out yet this season; I will be going over her the next couple days.  The owner said to, "Take it for a good ride - around the island, up to Stuart - make sure everything is in good shape."  I'll take Joan with me as first mate when I'm ready to run the boat, in a day or two.

During our discussion with the owner, he mentioned something about us being able to have fun with our "two days off each week."

"Huh-uh!  That's three days off each week, remember?"

"Right... right."


We'll continue to remind him.  ;-)


No comments: