Friday, May 30, 2014

Lollygagging?


So, while you were hard at work on the whale watch boat, was Joan lounging around, taking it easy?

If you were thinking that, you don't know Joan... when I can get her to relax, she is still thinking about whatever chores need to be done.  No, while I was messing with a boat at work, she was hard at it on our boat.  She took on a task solo that we talked about doing together: the caulking around the large hatch in our cockpit was showing its age.  She dug out where necessary, cleaned up all around with acetone, and started rebedding with 4200...


That's what I came home to yesterday.  To say I was impressed is an understatment... no, not that she went after the work - the fact that she didn't have a bit of 4200 anywhere except where it belongs.  If I work with 4200 or 5200, I am going to have it in my hair, on my pants, under my pants (seriously, how does that happen??), and on every surface in a 10 foot radius.  (Boat people will relate.)  She was clean... the work area was clean.  I am impressed.

A beautiful start to the day today: clear blue sky, abundant sunshine.  I have some crew training, safety drills, and boat cleaning on my agenda for the day.  Joan will be finishing up her work on Wild Blue.  Izzy will probably be napping.  Cats have it made.  ;-)


No comments: