Sunday, May 11, 2014

Nothing says "Happy Mother's Day" like...


A red dot.

I would like to give my Honey flowers today and take her out for breakfast.  She wouldn't be able to enjoy the flowers, and this is the last day for packing and prepping the house.  Time is getting tight.

One luxury she took the time for this morning: the red dot.


When the red dot appears, it must be stalked...


Izzy doesn't know Mother's Day.  I think she knows that her Momma "rescued" her.  I know she knows... the red dot...



Being a Mother is about nurturing.  That happens many ways.

The achievement Joan and I are most proud of is being Mom and Dad.  Our daughter, Stephanie, makes us very proud.  As a teacher, she really is affecting lives; teaching kids values beyond the subject matter.  Values that she learned from Mom and Dad.  She is a good person.  Much of that is her; some of that is us.

This morning, Joan thanked me for making her a Mother.  The easy joke would be: my pleasure.  The reality is: being a parent is a life long event.  You step up into the role.

One day a year acknowledgement for an every day of the year role?  Well, it's a day that makes me take stock.  A trip to the card store can't begin to say what is in your heart.  Happy Mother's Day to the love of my life.  And, for the gift that is the love of our lives.

Happy Mother's Day... it has been my pleasure.






No comments: