Thursday, February 5, 2015

Out for an evening walk...


Little Izzy and I went out for a stroll.

She likes to go out at dusk.  She was on high-alert when a small rabbit ran through her line of sight.  When it stopped, Iz went into her "stalking crouch."  When the rabbit looked at her, she averted her eyes.  It was that question that cats always consider: "Do cats eat that?  Does that eat cats?"



Back inside for the evening, I was treated to this on Facebook...


No, that's not a photo of a young Hall and Oats, that is Mark Lamkin and yours truly.  As Mark's wife, Cindy put it, "We're getting the band back together!"  Mark and I played in a duo in the mid-70s.  We haven't seen them in a couple decades, but we'll change that tomorrow.  Looking forward to seeing them!

Not sure what we were so serious about.  Maybe we were concerned that someone might see this photo 40 years later??  ;-)



5 comments:

MarkJ said...

Not sure which pic is more manly. Walking a cat? Hall & Oats Jr.? Just kidding. I'm sure you'll have a great time!!!

Dave said...

I am behind the curve here and had lots to catch up on,but CONGRATULATIONS on the new wheels!Shes a beauty. Wish you lots of fun and many safe miles.You have me thinking about trading in my fifth wheel, hmmmmm.
Now as far as that last picture,I thought I saw those two before in a rerun of the Rockford Files.They had just got done breaking into Rockfords trailer and beating up on poor Jimmy. Yep that was them all right!!

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

I'm secure in my manliness, Mark. ;-) I see plenty of guys walking little foo-foo dogs, and having to pick up their poop... don't have to do that with a cat. Izzy looks at a dog taking a crap and says, "Can you believe they do that out in public?"

And that B&W photo of Mark and me - we were styling! Wish I still had that much manly hair! LOL Mark and I played in several bands together, but I really enjoyed the duo gig. It was both of our second jobs while in college. We only played manly songs. "You want to hear Cabaret? Hit it Mark! What good is sitting along in your room? Come hear the music play..."

Yeah, I'm secure.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Dave! Good to hear from you. That may or may not have been us in the Rockford Files (I ain't admittin' nuthin'), but if we were beating up on Jimmy, he had it coming! ;-)

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Oh, and just for discussion sake, Dave, we used to have a Bounder... a '93 35J diesel. Lots of liveability.