Thursday, February 26, 2015

That's what I call service...


We have had some service issues over the years... to the point that I am very wary about service appointments, and tend to not be particularly trusting.  Justified, in my mind.

A couple days ago, I "interviewed" a service writer.  He passed, I made an appointment for this morning.  As usual, I was about 10 minutes early.  My service writer was on the way out before I turned the truck off.  He called me by name.  Asked if there was anything other than what we had talked about that needed to be done.  "Nope."  He had me sign the service order (that was already filled out), and I was off.

Joan and I went out for a nice, leisurely breakfast.  We did a little shopping, but mostly got some walking exercise.  My guy called - they had found one other thing that needed to be attended to, I agreed, and he said they should have the truck ready in an hour or so.  Just under an hour later, he called to tell me it was done.

We went back to the dealership - he, again, greeted me when I walked in and said, "Let me take you to one of the nice ladies who will take care of you."  She had my work order... it was completed!  We have had service appointments where it took longer to pay for it than the service took - not this time.  She ran my credit card, handed me my keys, and I was done.  Really.  Maybe three minutes total time with this transaction.  My guy thanked me on the way out and said he hoped that we would come back next time we need service.

You can count on that.

You may be ready to ask about the price... just what the service writer and I had talked about.  Yes, that is the way a service appointment should go.  "Where is this place?" you ask.  Glad to tell you: Liberty GMC, Peoria, Arizona.

Two thumbs up.

With a little bit of morning left, we decided a bit of scooting was in order.  A look at the shed where the scoots reside when not being ridden...



We did more "urban cruising," riding down to the roads were first cruised when we got the scooters two years ago.  Our daughter told us about a place that makes delicious small bundt cakes... but they were closed when we stopped there last Sunday.  But, they were open today.  I'll let you know how they are.  A late lunch, more riding... nice way to spend a glorious day in the desert.

We have some RV plans for tomorrow, and then the weather is supposed to turn cool and rainy for a couple days.  Good to get some scooting in while it's good!


No comments: