Monday, July 30, 2018

I remember this...


Scootin'. We didn't get any in Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, thanks to Mother Nature.  Joan was up for a nap when we got back from doing our running; I decided to gear up and take the Vespa for a run.  Nothing major: 20 miles or so through the curvy stuff.  For me, that was more refreshing than a nap!

After riding on wet roads on Thursday, and the muddy gravel getting out of our site this morning, both scoots were in dire need of a bath.  Joan got me a bucket of soapy water and I rolled each of the scoots into the shade towards the back of the coach.  Squished bugs and grime disappeared as the warm, soapy water did its job.  Followed up with some vinegar/water sprayed on (really cleans up the windshields, mirrors and faceshields on the helmets).  Nice to put them away clean.

We picked up a shiny new sewer hose a while back.  It got its inaugural "flushing" when I dumped the black tank this afternoon.  One more fill and dump of that, and then the gray tank got emptied.  Nice to have ALL the hookups and not have to be SO conservative.

We are good to go... or, stay.  ;-)


2 comments:

Kenthefenceguy said...

One time my Grandfather who had a cataract in his right eye left my Grandmother at a rest stop on the PA turnpike and didn’t notice for an hour. Since her purse was still in the car she was really stuck.

Ken in Tucson

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Bet he heard about it!

;-)