Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Wait and see...


Yesterday, we talked about taking the scoots around the wildlife loop in Custer State Park today.  The weather was supposed to be 72º, mostly sunny, wind dropping below 20mph by 11:00am.

 Close.  It was 61º and wind blowing like stink (gusts above 40mph) this morning.  11:00 came and went - the temperature dropped to 57º and the wind was still blowing.  I don't care to be out on the scoots in that when I have the choice.  We made it a grocery run and lunch out in Rapid City day instead.  Still 58º and breezy, with a solid overcast mid-afternoon.  I think the weasels missed this.

Glad we decided to wait and see what Mother Nature really had in store.  I'm OK with a nap this afternoon, maybe take Rufus out for a walk.  Or, just the nap.  Joan thinks that furry boy needs a sweater for this kind of weather; I think he is a big, tough boy... or, he will be smart enough to stick his nose out there and say, "Ummm - nope."

;-)


No comments: