Thursday, September 27, 2018

Assdrop Syndrome...


It has now been less than 24 hours since we got home.  As usual, the "let's just be methodical about getting things moved/put away/done" went by the wayside.  I had my off-the-shoulder sweatshirt and leg-warmers on - cue the music: "He's a manic, manic, I know..."

Well, not just "he."  We emptied the motorhome, put all the stuff away.  Joan is the chief cleaner: she cleaned our deck area, and I set up the patio mat and furniture.  While she cleaned the coach, I put away the e-bikes and got the cargo trailer set up as "the scooter garage."

Everything seems fine with the house... water systems and a/c all doing just what they're supposed to do.  The cable TV and internet router apparently didn't like not being used and had to go through repeated re-sets to work as they're supposed to.  Really nice to have true high-speed internet again.  Satellite TV is set up again in the house.

We are exhausted and sweaty.  It will take some time to get re-acclimated to the heat and humidity.  And, waiting for a Spectrum service guy to come to see if there is anything he can do for the crap modem/router... when Joan spoke to a customer service rep on the phone last night, she said, "The routers all have problems - it isn't just your unit."  Nice.

This is the first we've had a chance to actually sit down.  Pretty sure my ass is hanging lower than Joan's... but, her legs are longer than mine.

Rufus has settled back into the house right away.  Even though he has many places to sit or lay, he still just wants to be by us.  As I am writing this, he is sitting on the back of my chair.  No real extra work for him.  He's so lucky.  ;-)

I'm sure I will soon be ready to say, "It's good to be back home"... but, right now I'm thinking how easy life was in the motorhome.

There's still plenty to do, but we've made a significant dent in the moving-back-in process.


No comments: