Friday, September 28, 2018

Warning, Will Robinson...


A reference from the 1960s TV series Lost In Space.

We put the motorhome in the storage unit this morning.  On the highway going west from the storage unit, a guy in a pickup tailgated me.  Rather than engage, I just slowed down until he figured out that it would be better to pass than to follow me so close.  As I sped up after he got around, I didn’t realize my speed crept above the speed limit... driving the CR-V, after the past 1800 miles in the coach, felt pretty zippy.

Apparently about 6 miles per hour over the speed limit... according to the police officer who pulled me over.  I kept my hands on the steering wheel after giving him my license.  I was contrite.  He was polite; scanned my VIN # and license - could see that I have had no tickets or accidents.  Then said, “This is just a warning - watch your speed.  Have a good day, sir.”

“Yes, officer.  Thank you.”

At Joan’s suggestion, I used the cruise control often on the way home.  The rest of our running was uneventful.  Even our stop at the Spectrum office to pick up another cable box - no line!

:-)


No comments: