Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Family and rolling...


Yesterday afternoon, we had company: Joan's younger sister and youngest brother.  He was driving back from a job in California, and she met him here.  Nice to see them and fun to visit.  Steph and Dan were able to join us for supper, they we all went back to their place so everyone could see the kitties.

This morning, we started "pulling up stakes"... literally; our patio mat was staked down and that ground was like concrete.  Steph and Dan came by, bringing donuts, and our chance to say our "Good-byes"... for a while.  We had a nice time here, always a pleasure to spend time with Steph and Dan.

Joan did threaten to "bring a cute baby kitty along with us"... Steph didn't think that was so funny.  Nor did Izzy.

A short driving day - off to Tucson to get some shake-down service stuff done to the Aspect.  Not much of a list, and some of it is just questions.

It was windy today, the first time to drive the motorhome in a crosswind (about 25 to 30 mph)... it did better than I anticipated.  Not as solidly planted as the truck and HitchHiker, but we did pass a couple Class A gas motorhomes that seemed to be working to keep 'em rolling straight.


Joan put Izzy's bed on the passenger seat, in case she wanted to ride up front with me.  She didn't... she was happy on her blanket on the real bed.  Joan wasn't in the passenger seat, 'cause we have to drive separate to get the truck back to Texas.  Definitely not as much fun traveling this way.

We left a bit after 10:00 am, timing our route through Phoenix.  Traffic was pleasantly light until we got close to Tucson.


We stopped to fuel up the motorhome; wasn't down much, but I wanted to check the cargo trailer.  Lots of blowing dirt in the air between Casa Grande and Tucson.

I missed having my navigator with me.  I had to call Joan to ask if it was "the A or the B exit" for our turn.  I had the navigation unit in the motorhome set for map, not destination.  Usually, I don't have to mess with that stuff - she navigates, I keep it between the lines.

Into the RV park, I went in to register; Joan pulled the RV around from where I had to park it.  The lady at the desk told me, "You have your name spelled wrong."

"No, I am pretty sure I know how to spell my own name... I have a lot of years in, so I hardly ever get it wrong anymore."

Not sure what she was looking at.  We made the reservations ahead of time, online.  Since we have a pet, she had to explain the rules of the dog park... "Oh, it's a cat.  Nevermind."

Set up is a breeze with this motorhome.  We are in an RV park close to the dealer where we bought it - hopefully, they will get us in and out tomorrow.



Home is where you park it.  And we are on track for that elusive 2/2/2 Rule.



No comments: