Thursday, October 17, 2013

Them Changes...

Yes, a song by Buddy Miles.

A cold front made its way into the Tropical Tip today... it was mostly overcast, high in the mid-70s.  Well, that is about 15º cooler than yesterday.

This afternoon, when I decided to take the scoot out for a ride, Mother Nature decided to bless us with a fine mist.  I didn't ride far.  It was barely enough to get the road wet.  Oh, and the small fairing on the front of the PCX does a reasonable job in keeping my torso dry.

I spent some time on a scooter forum.  Discussion led to cross country travel on two wheels; I mentioned that we have done that, since Joan and I have been riding for over 4 decades.  Damn, that sounds like a long time when you write it down.  But, I digress.  I dug up a couple photos of us on motorcycles in years past...


Yeah, that little kid on the left is Stephanie.  ;-)  I taught her to ride off road... since she was WAY too young for a license at that time.

Then, there was this one (after the kid was grown)...


That's a lot bigger "iron" than the scooters.


No comments: