Thursday, October 31, 2013

Steamed...

The storm system that is messing with a good portion of the middle of the country kinda made its way to the Tropical Tip.  Seven hours north of us, in Austin, they've had flooding... we had a bit of rain, a lot of wind, and humidity... the kind of humidity that fogs up your glasses when you step outside.

It was a good day to enjoy the air conditioned comfort of... indoors.  By mid-afternoon, I was beginning to feel a bit of cabin fever.  I went down to our mailboxes, anticipating the "pink card" that you get to take to the Post Office and wait in line again, to pick up a package.  Anything to get out of the house.

Spend a few minutes in that humidity, and the air conditioning beckons.  Back home, I tried to coax Izzy out onto the deck... she poked her nose out the door and said, "Huh-uh."  Smart cat.

She kept me company while I surfed...


Computer and internet, not in the waves.  The weather weasels were calling for 6 to 8 foot waves.

One of us (not me, not Izzy) was productive: sewing, cooking, baking.  Whew!

Tomorrow, the "cold front" moves in; instead of 90º, rain, winds gusting above 25, and 80% humidity, it's supposed to be low 80s, lower humidity, no rain, and wind 10 mph or less.  I'm thinking some scooter time!


No comments: