Friday, September 4, 2015

Decoy...


We put on our non-wet-winter jackets for the scooter ride into town for lunch.  Some banking and shopping.  Back at the motorhome, Izzy really wanted to go for another walk.

Joan decided to start the packing-up process, I took Izzy out.  After another lengthy walk, I pointed out some quail at the far side of the yard; about a dozen of them, all trotting around on the ground.  It took a moment to get Izzy's attention, then she zeroed-in on the birds... 4 steps - freeze... 4 steps - freeze.  At this rate, the quail will die of old age before we get there.

When Iz got within 20 yards of them, they all went around behind a bush.  Izzy went to the right, they all ran around the left.

"Where'd they go??"



I pointed them out at the tree-line to the north.  4 steps - freeze... 4 steps - freeze.  Yeah, they don't see you when you do that; especially with a big ol' human attached to the other end of the leash.  The quail disappeared into the underbrush.  Well, except for one: in a loud flapping movement, he went into an evergreen tree, out of reach of a jumping cat.

Then, made a lot of noise.  While Izzy was fixated on the bird in the tree, the other dozen or so ran behind her.  Quietly.  I laughed.  If you have never had a feline family member, they don't like to be laughed at.  You will never hear a cat say, "Well, you got me there, didn't ya? Yuk, yuk!"

She hissed at me!

"Don't be made at me, cat - you're the one that got duped by the birds."

She hissed again.  Then, growled when the one bird left in the tree flew away.

"That's OK," I said as I reached down to pet her...


"Don't even think about it!"  I am 10 times her size (OK, about 20 times her weight) - she has no fear.  Apparently no brains, either, since I am the one who feeds her and takes her for walks.  That image above is not from a yawn - that is one pissed off cat!

She got to stay outside, but in "time out."  (on the leash, by herself)

Joan was engrossed in arranging...



I put myself in "time out," too.


No comments: