Saturday, June 2, 2018

Plausible deniability...


Nothing to do with a chain of command and "protecting" the higher ups (or them protecting themselves).

There was a commercial on today for "23 And Me" - the company that does DNA testing.  Stephanie is somewhat convinced that I have Cuban blood in me, based mostly on old photos of my Father.  She thought it would be good for me to take a DNA test.

When I was little, my sisters used to tell me that a Gypsy threw me up on the porch and then ran like hell.  The inference, of course, was: even the people who were rumored to "steal babies" couldn't deal with me.  ;-)

As I grew up, I went from resenting being told that to understanding that the whole "Gypsy theory" would explain my reasonable normality.  If I were to do a DNA test and find out that I am related, it would completely mess with my plausible deniability.

--------------

Regular readers here know that we are cat people.  It was our sweet daughter that led us down that path, when she got to pick a kitten out when she was 10 years old.  Stephanie is a carrier of the crazy cat lady gene.  Through strict monitoring by Dan, Joan, and me, we are able to keep her kitty collecting in check.  They have 3 cats, and Steph is missing her fur babies.  Well, it may be the fact that Rufus is SO good-looking and SO sweet, but Steph just wants to hold him at any opportunity.

Not bragging, but I am Rufus's person: he follows me around, he sits with me, he is my "security detail" when I use the bathroom.  Tonight, knowing that Steph will be leaving tomorrow, I handed Rufus off to Steph... and he stayed for a while...


Everybody's happy.

:-)


No comments: