Friday, June 22, 2018

Recon...


I wanted to go check out our storage unit.  Joan wanted to put some stuff in the motorhome... we considered it for yesterday, but there were still road closures in the vicinity of the storage unit.  So, heading out today...

Only one place where the water was over the road...


And there was a police vehicle there, directing traffic through the water.  Still, deeper than I would care to drive through normally.

Two towns down the road, water in front of the school...


The worst of it, we didn't take photos.  It was disheartening.  With the road being above the water almost all the way to our storage unit, I was encouraged.  At the storage unit...


Standing water in front of the storage units, but our building seems to sit a few inches higher than the others - no evidence that water had gotten in under the door.  A big plus.

We unloaded the car, carrying stuff to the motorhome.  Joan put stuff away while I worked on outside stuff: getting the tow bar parts on the car, checking air in the tires, putting the the bike rack in the car.  Along the way, I thought I got into some sand burrs... nope, I must have stepped on a nest of red ants and they were pissed!  Felt like my ankles were on fire!  I didn't have any stuff like Off, so I sprayed Raid on my ankes... no, you aren't supposed to use it that way, but I couldn't squish the little biting bastards fast enough.  No doubt the rain had displaced them, and they were taking it out on me.

As expected, the humidity was horrendous; the temperature at the storage unit was in the upper 80s, but it felt way hotter than that.

The coach is plugged in, the fridge is on, and our next trip out there will be to bring it to the house... and hoping that a couple days of sunshine and no rain will let that standing water sink in.

It is a load off my mind to know that everything is OK with the coach and in the storage unit.  The next task will be to start closing down the house.


No comments: