Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Well, we said it...


Another warm one.  Warm enough that we spent the morning in... no scooting, no boating.  Yes, really.  By mid-afternoon (also known as: the hottest part of the day), with a twinge of cabin fever, I decided to take the scoot out to get the latest scooter tag: your scoot with a fire truck or fire department.

I stopped to check mail on the way.  While getting off the scoot, a guy heading to the pool with his family said, "Now, that's what a scooter should look like!  Love those Vespas!"

Comments.  The Vespa seems to draw them.  I mentioned it here before, but still surprises me.  You may meet the nicest people on a Honda, but scooter enthusiasts seem to want to talk about the Vespa.

My timing was just right when I left the mail box area.  Just in time for the bridge to be going out...


Only one small fishing boat, so I knew it wouldn't take long.  From there, I rode around a bit, eventually stopping by our local Fire Department to get the tag...


Using the phone camera and an app on there, it is easy to shoot the photo and post it immediately.  Then, back to our island, across the bridge, and get a photo for the next tag...


Your scoot with something "extreme."  This particular use of "extreme" may be stretching it: our tides here generally are around 2 feet or so.  Except "during months that start with a J" and full moons.

Nice to get out and about.

What?  The title?  Oh, thanks for reminding me.  We are starting to talk about the timing for when we'll get out of here for the summer.  In a couple weeks or so, but once you mention it, you get your head in it.  Timing will be important to get outside work done in the morning, before it gets too hot.  Soon.


No comments: