Monday, April 3, 2017

On "the list"...


For almost two decades, I have thought about visiting Big Bend National Park everytime we are on I-10 in west Texas.  Alas, that drive across west Texas makes me just want to get across there!  We are heading for home, but this time we are taking the time to visit this National Park.

We gassed up before leaving town...


I have gotten spolt - that' Texas talk for: spoiled - by the gas prices we have been paying.  It seemed high at $2.20 yesterday; it was $2.33 here.  And, will be higher when we get closer to Big Bend.

Driving south out of Alpine is darn near a delight... of course, that might be in comparison to the shit road yesterday.  Two-lane, decent road surface, lots of hills and curves...




The speed limit is 70.  I did 60 on the straight portions, a lot less through the curves.  The Aspect is surprisingly nimble, even pulling this train.






An easy drive today, less than 100 miles.  More in the next post


No comments: