Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Ride, Captain, Ride...

 

If you said, "On your mystery ship... by the band Blues Image, 1970," you get 15 bonus points.  If you were wondering what conveyance, I'm going to tell you: out on the Lectric ebike this morning.

I haven't ridden in a while - I pulled something in my lower back last week, and it has been a pain in the (just above) the butt.  Ibuprofen and as little bending over or lifting as I could get away with.  It felt better this morning; not "normal" (whatever that is), but I was hoping I could ride without irritating my back any further.

Turns out: no worse on the back pain.  And, it felt good to get out there and move around.  As always, it is going to be another hot one today - a high of 109º predicted.  86º when I first got up, but by the time I did pills, got cats fed, and took Murphy outside, it was 91º.

Off I go...




 Hardly anyone out and about; they must be back to work after the holiday weekend.  I did my somewhat usual routing that takes me through the park (above) and through a couple neighborhoods around ours.

I got my heart rate and breathing up; a good ride.  Not as "entertaining" as taking out one of the motorized 2-wheel  conveyances, but good to get out.

 

No comments: