Perfect? Not even close.
The next gig for the Hip Replacements is coming up September 27th. The four of us haven't been together since June... summer traveling. Mark is gone right now and won't be back until after the 22nd. I think we are all anxious to get in a rehearsal before the gig.
We'll see how that plays out.
With the other group (the Brothers MIM), it is a matter of travel schedules and working around geezer medical stuff. With all of us of "a certain age," stuff comes up.
"Golden Years"... my ass.
In the meantime, I have been getting in daily guitar time with the new guitar and amp. And with the newly redone Fishman Loudbox amp, I have plenty of good options. I have an A/B/Y pedal that I want to try with these two amps - the A/B/Y will allow me to feed a guitar into either of those amps or both at the same time. Odds are pretty good I will only use it that way in my home studio... because I don't want to haul both amps out for gigs or rehearsals.
1 comment:
I have been talking with friends this week. We are also "...of a certain age..." give or take. Along with that comes the *organ recitals* (conversation always steers toward which organ or joint is failing).
The Seal SG-1 got here today and I spent an hour playing it on the back porch in 82° weather. Tonally different than the other CF's, but very nice. So far, so good. I plan to take it to the bluegrass jam tomorrow evening. A full review to follow....
Post a Comment