Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Security...

 

I have been accused of over-sharing.  I won't mention by whom.  So, anyway, I was in the bathroom this morning...

"No one wants to hear this, Jim."

Thank you for your input.  I think it is important to establish some background: we have had a cat in the family for 45 years now.  No, not the same cat - a series of cats.  Cats are curious by nature, and they have often followed us into the bathroom.  Anyone with a cat will confirm this.

That said, the two male cats we have had (Murphy, and before him: Rufus) have always provided "security" while I am in the bathroom.  They station themselves at the bathroom door, facing out, and making sure no one attacks me while I am in a vulnerable position.  When in the shower, they will usually move to right in front of the shower door, again facing out.

It obviously has been successful, as I have never been attacked while in the shower or on the toilet.  Still not over-sharing here.

So, while I was in the shower today, Murphy took his post, keeping me secure...


 At one point, he was joined by little Stella...


 I am happy to announce that it was another successful security mission.  Little Stella can be an instigator; she was trying to get Murphy to play/wrestle with her.  Staying with his duty, he batted at her.  I said, "Murphy, don't be rough with your sister."

To which he replied, "You like her best."

I reminded him that I tell Stella "No!" when she bites him on the ear.  And then I added, "My favorite is the one of you who is the best behaved at the time."  He wasn't so sure about that.  "You are both the favorite - you are my big handsome boy and she is my sweet little girl."

"OK, as long as I am the favorite favorite."

See, no over-sharing... even with a bathroom based post.

No comments: