Thursday, October 11, 2018

Implant...


I didn't think I needed one.  Well, that was about a year ago.  Turns out: I did.  My rear molar busted due to an old filling.  Bad.  The dentist dynamited that tooth out, piece by piece.  I'm exaggerating: she didn't use dynamite, she used a jack-hammer.  Then, put in the screw that will be the base of a tooth implant.

It takes months for that screw to become "a part of the bone."

Today was the day to go back and start the process of getting the new tooth.  They have to cut my gum where the tooth will be, open up the area around that screw that is now fused to my jawbone, and put in another base screw and make a mould for the implant.  Then, I will get to go back again in a couple weeks and... taa-daaa: new tooth.

Yeah, it hurt, but nothing like the process last year.  Heck, I was even able to have lunch out with my Honey on the way back home.


Rained like crazy on the way home...


After a late lunch, Joan drove home while I held an ice pack on my jaw.

I thought I might take a nap, but an Emerald X10 was calling my name when we came in the door.  I spent an hour or so playing the heck out of it.  I really like this new guitar - I think the strings needed to be "played in" a bit... and by that, I mean: I needed to leave some of the skin from my fingers on those rough-feeling strings to get them to sound better.

I have a cable coming in that will allow me to output to an acoustic and an electric amp at the same time, really giving lots of options for amplified tones.

In the words of the philosophers Edgar Winter's White Trash: "Keep playin' that rock 'n roll!"  ;-)


2 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

My Father would say about Teeth "Ignore Them-- They'll Go Away"..

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Or: your teeth are like the stars - they come out at night. ;-)