Tuesday, October 23, 2018

A recording kinda day...


The rain that was predicted to hammer us today stayed a few miles off-shore... we caught a break!  Two more days of gray skies, probable precipitation, and decreasing winds, and we may see some sunshine!  I am more than ready for that bright shiny orb.

With no other chores today, I had some time to try some new recording techniques; foremost: using the Zoom H4n Pro's stereo microphones plugged directly into the Canon G3x camera.  Here are some examples...


A couple Beatles covers...



After a late lunch out, I made one more video - this time, using the Zoom H4n Pro for its multi-track recording capability, and adding bass and percussion to the Jimmy Buffett cover (again)...


That's the reason for the "clap" at the beginning of the recording... only took me about 50 "minor adjustments" to get the audio and video to line up.  I did blend the separate tracks in Audacity before syncing that with the video.  Glad this is for the fun of it and not my day job.  ;-)

It's official: the Emerald X10 has elevated itself to "favorite" status.

And, my thanks to Joan and Rufus for their patience today.


1 comment:

Pat Anderson said...

Final Cut Pro can automatically sync audio from Audacity and the audio recorded on your Canon by matching wave forms. This is how I sync my ocarina / Irish whistle / Thai flute videos. No clap needed! But it is a pricey bit of software.