Sunday, October 28, 2018

Coming out...


Seriously?  This conversation again?  Yes, it is time to yank the boat out again.  After getting the trailer from our storage unit, we took most of "the stuff" off the boat before pushing off from the dock.  Joan once again reminded me how lucky I am that I have a wife who haul the trailer around to the ramp and back it in so I can drive right on when I bring the boat around to the ramp.  We have our system down and it works.

Some photos bringing the boat around...





With the boat in the driveway, we cleaned it - the hulls were surprisingly not scummed up considering the boat has been in the water for 4 weeks, but the weather has kept us off the water for at least half of that.  As long as we had the pressure washer out, we cleaned up the Honda, as well.

We took the last few things off the boat.  Tomorrow it goes to Tracker Marine to see what they can do for the engine stalling.  It runs fine as long as I keep the speed down.  And, we do most of our cruising around at 5 knots or so - we aren't trying to make miles and the boat is very efficient at that speed.  Cruising for nearly 4 hours yesterday, we used about 2 gallons - that is some pretty inexpensive on-the-water entertainment.

When I would push the engine above 3500rpm, it would stall.  Sounds like a fuel delivery problem to me.  We dealt with this last season, but replacing some fuel tank related things seemed to cure it... or not.  It's under warranty, so we'll see what they come up with.  Of course, that means taking it out of the water and hauling the boat to Harlingen (about 45 miles away)... so it isn't something I want to do on a regular basis.

It was about 5:00 when we finished with the boat.  When I came in, there was a text on my phone... from someone I have never heard of... telling me who I should vote for... and calling me "Kevin."  Now, Kevin is a nice name, but it isn't my name.  So, I responded...

"OMG - I was going to vote for Dusty, but thanks to your stupid ass texts (not to mention my name isn't Kevin) now I won't.  Stop sending these messages.  The political system is a joke.  You probably don't even exist, Elise, but I feel better letting you know your text had the opposite effect.  I will also tell my friends, neighbors, and family to vote for None Of The Above."

Yes, I am aware that this is a robo-dial message.  I don't care - I felt better after responding.  I'll be glad when Tuesday passes.  The political bullshit is never-ending.

3 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

I can't wait till the Political BS is over..

Lets me know what they find out about the Engine..

I'm in the middle of repairing a 1998 Yamaha 250 Hp-- # 6 Fuel injector failed and caused a Lean Fuel Burn.. Melted the Piston-- Repairable though..

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Check out today's (10/29/18) for what went down with the diagnosis.

Good luck with the Yamaha repair.

Hudson River Boater said...

I think I Msg. You on F'Book..