Friday, October 26, 2018

My little girl said...


"You are whole again."

That is completely different from what I thought the text said at first glance: You are an a-hole again.

Yeah, I'm kidding.  I am not an a-hole again, I am an a-hole still.  Still kidding.  I am sweet... just a little ray of sunshine.  Ask Rufus.  Cats don't lie (or joke) about this stuff.

Digressing.  Again.  Still.

By "whole again," she was acknowledging that I got my molar implant today.  And, it is a nice one.  And all the way to the back so no one gets to see it.  I may do more yawning.  For sure, I am going to eat more meat.  I'm kidding again, I am eating meat.  Still.

Before got to the dentist, we stopped at Lowe's to pick up a dryer hose connection Joan wanted.  When we went into the store, I was immediately taken with the large Christmas decoration display...


It was right there by the lighted skulls (just to the left of this photo).  I am predicting the next holiday decorating item: a Pilgrim skull in a snow globe.  You would be able to keep it out for at least 3 months.  So, why can the stores put out Christmas decorations in September, but if you put out your Christmas lights before Thanksgiving the neighbors think you're crazy?  I'm kidding again - that's not why the neighbors think I'm crazy.

On the way back from the dentist, Joan wanted to stop at Bass Pro.  I didn't need to ask why: we are coming up on the end of our Bass Pro VIP card (for buying the boat), which means that the 10 or 20% discount (depends on the item) will go away.  Yes, we need to buy something.

Then, lunch.  Olive Garden.  They treat you like family... fix your own damn lunch.  I'm kidding again.  I'm in a kidding mood because of my new tooth.  Family doesn't tell me to fix my own damn lunch - they know I am not a good cook.  But, lunch at Olive Garden was tasty, and I got an additional $5 off because I used my "digital wallet."  I have never done that before, but managed to get lunch paid for without having a 12-year-old explain it to me.  On the really bright side: I got to chew my food on both sides of my mouth.

We stopped at our storage unit to check on the coach.  It's fine.  Then, back home, where we expected the last part we need to finish the dryer repair would be waiting at our doorstep.  It wasn't.  Didn't show up until 4:30.  You expect me to start the re-assembly process at 4:30 in the afternoon?  You do?  Oh, OK... I'll finish this post later.

-------------

Update: We worked together to reassemble the dryer.  All told, 7 new parts went into it; the main one being the mangled heating element.  The toughest part was getting the vent duct hose connected back up... there isn't much room behind the washer/dryer stack.  Joan is thinner and more flexible than I am... she trusted that I would pull the unit back out after blocking her in behind it.

One of the parts that came in this afternoon was the high temp insulation... which looks like regular ol' foam insulation, with a higher price tag.  It took an hour for the adhesive on that to dry before we could fit the front door panel back on.  Joan did that while I was putting other stuff back together.

No parts left over.  Everything went back together just like it should.  Joan clicked the electrical breaker on and... it works like it is supposed to.  Whooohooo!  Well, it is running smoother.  :-)


No comments: