Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Back Home...


Yeah, we've been back home for just over a month... but, the boat is back home.  New fuel pumps, plugs changed, and some "magic elixir" to clean the injectors.

There is a storm a brewin' in this area, supposed to blow in tonight.  The decision: put the boat in the water today or wait until the storm moves through (probably a couple days).  I decided to live with the boat in the water rather than in the driveway.

When we got back to our island, we dropped the boat in the parking lot and Joan took the CR-V to our house to get the registration for the boat.  While she did that, I prepped the boat.  When she got back, we hooked up...


... and took it to the ramp to launch.  It ran smooth down the ICW and through the canal to our house...


The real test will be when we can get it out in some open water and run it hard - can't do that between the ramp and our dock.  The wind wind was starting to kick up when I pulled up to the dock; you can see the ripples in the photo above.

While Joan flushed the trailer, I loaded our person stuff back on the boat, cleaned it up (smashed a lot of bugs in the various trips to the river), and put the cover on it...


Mid-80s, windy, and high humidity during all of this.  Joan cut up some fresh fruit for refreshment and re-hydration when I came in.

Rufus was happy to see me...


"That's a bit close, big fella!"

As those who live in warm climates know, it was shirt-changing time.  That heat and humidity take the spunk out of an old guy.

How you know you live in a small town (village): I went to our mail box to pick up a couple packages Joan said had been delivered.  I visited with two ladies from the village on the way out - after discussing pets and "How ya doin'?" stuff, I was asked, "Is everything OK with your boat?  I saw you pulled it out the other day and now it's back in."

;-)


No comments: