Thursday, October 4, 2018

Joan gets to go for a boat ride...


She worked hard in the heat this morning.  After getting cleaned up and cooled off, we enjoyed some air conditioning, then an early supper.  I told her the dolphins had asked about her and... "Are you too tired for a boat ride?"

"Let's go!"

Late afternoon, we shoved off.  Yes, I heard the voices again.  Yes, the dolphins were close by.  I handed her the Nikon (brought it this time), and we were back watching dolphins again!






Close by the boat...






Lots of dolphins, some ruckus and some frisky behavior...




Again, we were the only boat on the scene for a half hour or so, then we were joined by Fins to Feathers for another 20 minutes or so...





When the dolphin watch boat moved on, we stayed and continued to enjoy the viewing...




Right next to the boat...


I have no idea what was going on here...


... but, again, a lot of ruckus.

More by the boat...


Yeah, that is dolphin belly above.  I wanted to reach out and rub it... I didn't.


Looking around a bit...


The crane is loading something in that orange bag.

Long Island Village to the east...


Yeah, that's all the farther we went again today.  Getting ready to head in, some "heads and tails"...




That last one was a wave bye-bye.  Checking out the birds on the way back in...






The aerostat I mentioned the other day was flying...



A nice time out on the water.  Since launching, I've been out twice, this was Joan's first time back on the boat.  When I topped off the fuel tank, since launching we have used a grand total of a gallon and a half.  Pretty economical water entertainment.  :-)


2 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

Hey Jim-- How about some Video of that Rukus??

I missed a few of your last Blogs-- I'll have to backtrack..

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi HRB. I may hook up the GoPro or Akaso to the boat sometime. The dolphins move around a lot...