Tuesday, October 16, 2018

More of the same...


Weather, that is...


The chilly stuff looks to be around for a couple days, then a long wet period as the temps rebound.  Definitely an early season norther.

We spent a quiet day mostly around the house.  Lunch out for some comfort food - it's Texas, so there was some chicken frying involved.

A special day for one of us.  There was cake involved.

:-)

-------------

On the guitar front: a week now with the new X10.  I am SO enjoying this guitar.  It has some unique pickups on it - a humbucking pickup at the base of the fretboard that is usually thought of on an electric guitar; and a piezo pickup (for the acoustic sound) with six individual adjustable saddles.  The two pickups are wired together so they are controllable on the guitar - two dials and a 3-way switch... which allows for all of one pickup or the other and a blending of the two.

With a typical guitar cord, you can use either pickup or a blend.  With a TRS (tip, ring, sleeve) to a Y-cord, you can run the electric pickup to an electric amp, and the acoustic pickup to an acoustic amp.  AND a blend of the two.  I spent some time today with that Y-cord and the amps... an incredible range of tones.  Easy to make it sound like an acoustic guitar and an electric guitar playing together.

This set up is another unique option, available at this time on a carbon fiber guitar, only from Emerald.  The more time I spend with this guitar, the more I like it!




Yes, I played for Joan today.


3 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

I tried to learn how to play the Base Guitar when I was a Kid-- Someone sat on it and broke the Neck.. That was the end of my Guitar playing Career..

Your new X10 Sounds like it has pretty cool stuff to play around with-- Should keep you busy and out of the Rain/Chill..

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

I got my first guitar (an acoustic) at age 11. Playing has been a part of my life since then. I do have a bass for when I want to record.

When I brought that first guitar home, my Mother thought it would lead me down a bad path. ;-)

Hudson River Boater said...

I'm afraid your Mother was wrong-- At least about the Guitar thing.. {:-)---<