Saturday, October 6, 2018

Not a new world record...


You might think this has something to do with scoots... or maybe boats... or dolphins.  But, no.

We finally got to see friends Mike and M.J. this afternoon - they came over for happy hour.  They have been back a few days longer than we have... the moving back in process has been time consuming for all of us.  I'm pretty sure M.J. mostly wanted to meet Rufus.  ;-)  Why not?  He's a great furry fellow.

It was fun catching up with them again.  One of the things M.J. asked, "Did you get that new guitar, yet?  I want to see it and hear it!"

Me, too.

My first Emerald left their shop in Ireland on a Friday and showed up here in south Texas on the following Monday.  Yep, just under 4 days to go from Ireland to London, to the US, clear Customs in New York, and then to the Tropical Tip.  Still the fastest delivery to the US I am aware of.

This new one left their shop on Monday.  Took it until Thursday to get to London. Then, off to New York and through Customs in one day.  It left San Antonio around 8:00 this morning.  Monday is a Federal Holiday (Columbus Day) - I'm guessing there may be a slip in my mailbox on Tuesday for a package pickup.

We'll see.  :-)


1 comment:

Hudson River Boater said...

I ordered a Cylinder Head from Colorado.. I live in CT-- It must have been sent by Stagecoach.. Took a week to get to me..