Monday, October 15, 2018

Pumpkin patch...


I was out for a ride on the scoot today.  It has been a few days, and I have really missed riding.  Warm and humid (85º 85% humidity), but it still felt good to be out on the Vespa.

The weather weasels are calling for thunderstorms everyday for the next ten days.  The percentage varies, but it doesn't look promising for scooting or boating for a while.  I figured I better get out while I can.  And while it probably isn't going to rain all the time the next ten days, I don't want to be riding with wet streets and big puddles (the drainage here isn't great), because: black scooter = a lot of work to clean up.

I took a moment to check the scooter forum to see what the current tag might be... your scooter by a pumpkin patch.  Can't say that I've seen a pumpkin patch anywhere around this area.  But, the city has put up a few decorations in the large grass and palm tree lined median on our main road through town... I zipped around by there, and...



Closest thing we have to a pumpkin patch.

I had to stop on that main road, but I slid into a turn lane, with no traffic around, to get the photo.  And wouldn't you know it, a police car pulled up to the stop sign on the side street less than a block away.  It paused for a moment, then turned on their lights.  You know "that feeling" you get when you see the flashing lights?  Yeah, I got that.  The police car then pulled quickly onto the main road and drove away the other direction.  Whew!

Is there a police code for: scooter parked on the roadway while the rider photographs a pumpkin patch?  :-)
Is there a police code for: scooter parked on the roadway while the rider photographs a pumpkin patch? :-)
Is there a police code for: scooter parked on the roadway while the rider photographs a pumpkin patch?  :-)

;-)


No comments: