Saturday, October 7, 2017

I'm married to a nice lady...


Things went quiet on the dredge this afternoon; I went down to see if they were done.

Francisco said, "I cut one of our lines with a prop - we don't have any more lines.  Do you have any lines we could buy?"

"How much do you need?"  I was thinking about some dock line we have, but aren't currently using.

"Oh, about 120 feet."

"120 feet?  Can you splice the line you have?"

He thought I was talking about tying a knot in it - I explained "splice" to him.  He said, "I don't know how to do that."

"Neither do I, but my wife does."

I went into the house to see if Joan might be able to do something with that line.  She said, "Give me a minute," and went into our boat stuff.  She came out with some rarely used anchor line - "Will this work?"

"My anchor line?" I asked.

She said, "Do you want them to finish?  Ever?"

Good point.  Instead of payment, she said, "When you go up the canal to re-do that end of the canal, can you leave us 8 feet on the far side to get around?"

I'm not sure Francisco understood what she was asking for, but he was very appreciative for the line... "I must pay you something for this..."

"Give us the opportunity to get in and out with our boat!"  She gave him the line.

We'll see how this plays out.


No comments: