Wednesday, October 18, 2017

It's as good as I remember!!


This post is just a preview of our morning

We put the boat in this morning - and what a glorious morning: temp in the low 70s, very little breeze, bright blue sky, and low humidity.

I backed the boat off the trailer while Joan pulled the trailer up the ramp and drove it back to our place to rinse it off.  I brought the boat up the ICW, turned into the outside canal and headed for home...


By the time I got to our dock, Joan had parked and unhooked the trailer, rinsed it, and met me at the dock to grab lines.  We put the camera onboard (above photo from my phone) and headed out for some sight-seeing - plenty of boats, commercial and pleasure, and it wasn't long before...


DOLPHINS!  They swam up to the boat, all around the boat, and gave us a wonderful "Welcome Back!"  Between the two of us, we took about 180 images... I'll sort through them this evening.  Heads, tails, being ruckusy (Joan's word).


What a delightful way to get back on the water!

We were home before noon - time for Izzy's lunch and my belly was craving pizza... it has been way too long.  We called our favorite pizza place and ordered a pizza to pick up.  The plan: lunch out on our deck.  Joan made salads to go with our pizza.  I poured soda.  Before Joan had a chance to open the pizza box, the phone rang... it was Julio from the pizza place.  "Heem, I mean, Jim?"  I am so sorry, but your pizza has no cheese."

"What?"

"The pizza you just picked up - it was supposed to be double cheese... but, the cook made it with no cheese,  I am sorry.  We will make you another one right away."

Joan opened the box - yep, there is no cheese on that otherwise fine-looking pizza!

He offered to deliver another one to our house right away, but I told him we'd give him a call and pick it up later.  We were both starvin' - it is a well-known fact that intense dolphin watching makes you hungry!  ;-)

So, more "first trip" photos later.  Who knew pizza without cheese isn't terrible?


No comments: