Monday, October 9, 2017

Implant...


What were you thinking?

The plan for the day: a trip to the dentist, then off to the storage unit to bring the boat home.  The dentist had other plans... a crown that I had done about a decade ago broke, down below the gum line.  I had slim hopes that they could repair it, but was prepared for what he was going to say: yep, an implant.

I won't go into the details, but we did not get the boat and I probably won't be feeling up to it for a few days.  Or, a month, based on how my jaw feels right now.

Ice packs, no solid food for a few days, nothing hot, nothing spicy, no alcohol.  And now, the novacane is starting to wear off... that sucks.  I may take a day or three off.

3 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

Just DON'T Start taking Oxy-- Dr.s give them out like Tic Tacs!! I despise Drugs..
Feel well..

MartyP said...

ask for the nitros.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Thanks guys - toughing it out with non-addictive stuff.