Saturday, October 14, 2017

So, you're sayin' there's a plan...


Another warm, sunny, humid day in the Tropical Tip.  The kind of day that would be perfect to be out on a boat.  Yeah, we have a boat.  What's that?  "Why aren't you using it?" you ask.  Well, let me tell you...

Joan has cleared me for physical activity.  "I think you're up for a bike ride," she said, to which I quickly agreed.  E-bikes, not scooters.  Well, an e-bike for me...


Joan's beach cruiser for her...


Yep, old school.  One speed.  Push the pedals backwards to put on the brake.  It works fine around here, where it is flat as a table and paved.  The e-bike works fine around here, too.  ;-)

We rode around a bit, then stopped at the end of the Sea Cottage row to check out the situation with the dredge.  See - hang in there with me and I'll eventually get back around to the question.  No one on the dredge, but we could see them across the canal from us - so, we rode around to the next canal.

As we pulled up to them, the new boss said, "Hello, Mister Jim!"  I prepared myself for the next tale of woe... seems that two days ago they hit a snag.  And by "snag," I mean: a 5 gallon pail of cement, with a lamp stuck it, and about 50' of electrical cord!  They have an 8" pipe and the bucket was about 8" around - it took them two days to clear the pipe of that mess; they had to break the concrete, bit by bit.  He said, "I don't know why that was in the water."

Sounded like somebody's idea of an anchor to me.  Seriously, you should see what passes for boating skills around here.  But, I digress.

He then told me that they should be done in this canal by Monday.  I reminded him that he told me "3 or 4 days" about 12 days ago.

"Sorry - it took longer than we thought."

That is what we call: understatement.

So, now - the plan: the weather weasels are calling for a chance of thunderstorms Sunday night and into Monday morning... we'll get the boat on Monday.  Maybe.  Run the motor in the driveway, get our stuff loaded onto it, and get it launched on Tuesday.  Maybe.

So, it's the first loosely-conceived plan that involves getting the boat home.

:-)

----------------

The best dental situation comment came from my buddy Steven Roberts on Facebook; he said...

"I hope you didn't try to transcend dental medication.

JUST SAY N₂O"


Cracked me up!

 

No comments: