Monday, October 23, 2017

The time of the season...


If you said, "The Zombies, 1968," you get 100 bonus points.

It has been a couple weeks now since that tough dental experience - my jaw is healing nicely, and I feel like lunch out again.  I took my Honey to the island, where we had a nice Italian meal... and I ate crunchy bread and pasta, tomato basil soup, and didn't suffer.  Close to normal.  (insert your own "normal" joke here)

I really like this time of year: the crowds have disappeared (except for weekends).  The hotel, restaurant, and business owners may not like it, but I enjoy the relative quiet.  At the restaurant, there were 4 tables occupied when we came in.

After lunch, we took a drive by the beach.  I would consider this pretty quiet...



You can't see it in the photos, but there were two couples we could see anywhere on the beach.  I would call this a bit under-utilized.

We wanted to be home this afternoon - a camera that was being serviced was supposed to be delivered last Friday.  FedEx "couldn't find our house"... on an island... where the houses are numbered consecutively.  I was told they would try again to deliver it today.  Surprisingly, around 4:00, the doorbell rang.  Joan questioned the FedEx driver about "not being able to find our house."

"Oh, that wasn't me - it was a different driver.  I don't know what his problem was, because all the houses are numbered.  I have delivered to you before.  It wasn't me."

Right.

On the bright side, the refurbished camera (they sent a refurb instead of actually repairing mine) seems to work fine.  It focuses quickly, and there is next to no shutter delay.  That was the problem with the camera I sent in.  The camera was 2 1/2 months out of the one year warranty, and the repair wasn't inexpensive (although it was less than the on-line estimate).  I think there is a 90 warranty on this one.

I ran some tests with it for sharpness, speed, and function - seems fine.  Here's a test shot...


Yeah, the only "boat content" for today.  ;-)


No comments: