Monday, November 13, 2017

Izzy's Outing...


Not really a big adventure.  When we are traveling, Izzy likes to go for walks, checking out what's around us.  When we are home, not so much.  She is content to sit by the full-length patio window, looking out; sometimes venturing out onto the deck when we are out there.  If we don't put the gate across the steps there, she will occasionally "sneak" down and go as far as the front of the house.

Last time on a leash here, she came nose-to-nose with our neighbor's new puppy - a bundle of energy and already 3 times the size of Iz.  She did not want to make friends with this interloper on our property.

I took her for a walk this afternoon.  Not much of a walk, we went down the steps from the deck, to the front of the house, around the car, and to the other side of the house... with a lot of stopping, sniffing, and looking around during all that.

Before heading back into the house, I herded her towards the boat; she wasn't sure, but I lifted her up onto one of the seats...


"Hey, this isn't so bad.  You know this doesn't have a cabin like the other boat, right?"

"Yes, Izzy, I know - this is an open-air experience.  Look around - you can see the birds."

"Pretty sure they can see me - especially the big ones!"...


"Whoa!  This thing moves!"


"It's a boat, Iz - it's supposed to move."

"I think I see the way off of this thing..."


I stepped onto the dock first - about 8" from the boat to the dock.  She was fine with that, and not in a big hurry to get back to the house.  We walked around on the dock a bit.  It wasn't until I mentioned that it was "time for chow" that she was all about getting up the stairs and into the house.

After chow, she was back to her perch by the window.


No comments: