Saturday, February 20, 2021

Woohoo - one in a row!

 

I got up this morning to see 42º on our weather station and all utilities (power, water, cable, internet) functional!  The weather weasels have once again changed their forecast from last night and are saying we may reach 60º today.  Still colder than normal, but enough to make me consider taking the Vespa around the neighborhood.  It has been a long time (since we lived in the frozen northland) that weather kept me from riding for 10 days or more.

I bundled up and went for a walk in the sunshine.  20º or so colder than what it should be, but it felt good to get some sunshine.  Well, not that I had any exposed skin.  ;-)

 

We did get a notice that a water line is broken the next block over from us, so there may be a water interruption.  We are both showered up and ready to take on the day.  It's the start of getting back to normal. 

Rufus isn't quite ready to take on his day...

The water did go off for a couple hours, but we were ahead of the game.

--------

It's about time...

The temperature made it up to 61º, and I got out on the Vespa.  I really needed to get out on the Vespa.  I didn't go anywhere particular, just rode around.  Plenty of traffic in town, but Walmart and HEB weren't packed.  No lines for gas at any of the stations.  If you didn't notice all the shriveled greenery, it would just seem like a colder than usual day in the Tropical Tip.



It didn't suck.


No comments: