Saturday, February 27, 2021

Turn Down Day...

 

If you said, "The Cyrkle, 1966," you get 100 bonus points.

If you said, "What'd ya get turned down for?" you are misunderstanding my meaning.  This is the day after getting our second shots... it's the time when people who are going to get a reaction to the vaccination generally start feeling it.  Listless feeling, slight fever, headache, muscle aches, general malaise.  Lasts 24 to 36 hours.  So, just in case... we're taking a day off.

"From what?"  You're asking a lot of questions again.  It's a lounge day.  Well, I did get my miles in on the bicycle this morning.  Took Rufus for a walk.  Joan made breakfast.  Smoothies.  Chocolate chip cookies.  OK, not that much of a lounge day.  But no outing planned.

So far, everyone in the household is feeling fine. 

---------

OK, I did go outside for a bit.  The Mardi Gras Golf Cart Parade was rescheduled from Fat Tuesday to today.  Due to some unseasonable winter weather... you may have heard about that.  ;-)  72º and breezy today, so definitely more parade-ish weather...

Any reason for a parade.  Of course, I felt silly when they didn't throw any beads after I raised my shirt.  I don't get it... I did my part.  I'm thinking they don't really understand the premise of a Mardi Gras parade.  :-)


 


2 comments:

Jeff Collingwood said...

I guarantee you if I had raised my shirt they would have thrown beads, tons of them. They would have thrown everything within their arm's reach. Unless they were carrying, then they would have shot me. Not a pretty sight.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Funny, Jeff; and important to keep one's sense of humor these days. With 5 new poke holes in my lower belly area, I am getting fewer jobs as a swimsuit model, and my exotic dancing side career has all but dried up. Oh, I still have the moves... but my body now makes creaking and cracking noises when I do them. TMI?