Monday, February 21, 2022

Gearing up...

 

Nothing to do with riding the scoots.  We are doing our prep work to get out of dodge for a while; end of the week ETD.  A lot of stuff has to be last minute... well, last day.

Other than that, not much to talk about right now.  Although, this afternoon, Joan said, "There's someone on Robert's back deck.  Robert is our next door neighbor.  Two older (yes, perspective) ladies.  When one of them looked around, then tried the door know, I thought they should know that someone is watching them... I stepped outside and asked, "Are you ladies friends with the owner there?"

They seemed surprised and maybe a bit embarrassed that someone saw them try the door... "Um, the owner said we could come by and look around, even though he isn't here.  We may be renting from him for a couple weeks.  We want to stay here a bit longer and there is nothing available for rent.  If you call him, you can tell him that Leann was just looking at it."

"Yeah, I'll shoot him a text."

Robert told me it was OK for them to be there, but he didn't know they'd be trying to get in.  "It's no big deal - I'm just trying to help them out."

He laughed when I said, "I was hoping I didn't have to wrestle them to the ground."

Neighbors do look out for each other around here.  The year after we bought the lot here, we had our sailboat at our dock.  The neighbors knew we were going to be out of town for a few days.  I had made arrangements with the local canvas shop to come out to our boat to measure the helm/binnacle for a cover.  The lady came while we were gone and our neighbors on both sides stopped her from getting on our boat.  Sometimes you can have too much "looking out."  ;-)


No comments: