Sunday, February 6, 2022

Saturday delivery…

 

Yep, the computer showed up, relatively early in the afternoon.  I was half dreading and half excited about getting it set up.  If both machines are functional, the transfer of info just takes time.  If you are starting from scratch, the process is more involved.

No matter - I’ll be putting it off for a few days.  The MacBook that showed up wasn’t what I ordered (or, what I thought I ordered).  Options: send it back or take it back to the nearest Best Buy.  I chose to make a drive to Brownsville rather than wait until Monday to get this one shipped back.  The right one has been ordered.

Our weather is still 20º colder than normal, but it was sunny.  Still a cold north wind.  I’m guessing people have cabin fever, because Best Buy was packed.  Seriously, it looked like what I remember shopping on a pre-Christmas weekend is like: packed.  Fortunately, only one person in front of me for Customer Service.  The young man there was helpful, processing my return immediately.  He asked what it was I actually wanted…told him, then said, “You don’t have it in stock in this store, according to your website.”

He spent time looking it up on his phone, then said, “We don’t have that in stock in this store.”

Deja vu.  I know I heard that somewhere.  ;-)  So… Tuesday.


No comments: