Monday, February 14, 2022

Oh what a beautiful morning...

 

Yeah, yeah, the musical Oklahoma... you know what I like to do on a beautiful morning?  Yes, go to Harlingen to get cat supplies, look in a bigger HEB to see if you can find Caffeine Free Diet Coke (why the heck doesn't anyone stock that these days???  And, no, they didn't have any.), get an early lunch at Freddie's (because: cheese curds), and a stop at Sam's Club... before we head out to the storage unit to get the motorhome washed and the pink stuff flushed out of the water lines.  (For those not in the RV know, "the pink stuff" is RV/marine antifreeze that you pump into the water lines to keep the plumbing/pumps from bursting when water freezes in it.)

While I was doing that antifreeze flushing and washing, Joan was inside the coach.  She said she was "cleaning and stuff" and I trust her.  I know she wasn't just sitting in there with her feet up, eating bon-bons, mostly because I am sure we didn't have any bon-bons.


 With the coach back in the storage unit, I started putting all the stuff back in the aft storage area... we took a lot of stuff out of there before we took it to Winnebago.  My ass was dragging by the time we were done.  Joan said something about "Maybe we're getting too old for all this RV work..."  I am pretty sure I smelled bon-bons on her breath when she said that.  And for the record, my ass would would have been dragging 20 years ago after washing any of our fun conveyances.  I think the answer is clear: someone needs to invent a self-cleaning RV.  Or, Mother Nature needs to stop raining on us when we're driving down the road.

Today is a special day.  Valentine's Day?  Well, sure; but it is also Rufus's "designated birthday."  At the first vet we took him to in Arizona (where we adopted him), they wanted a birthday on the paperwork.  So, "Happy Birthday, Rufus!"  He's such a good boy.



No comments: