Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Rumor…

 

A whole day with no posts?  No, the winter storm did not get us… we were up before 4:00 this morning, and hit the road.  Schools in the area (Texas/Oklahoma border) were closing today through Friday - they are expecting this storm to pack a punch.  About 15 minutes before rolling, the gust front blew in.  It gave us a 25+mph tailwind!  Since we left so early, we decided to make one last long run and get our butts home.  Our longest day other than the 24 hour marathon to get to John’s.

I didn’t post anything last night because my MacBook Pro died… drowned when one of us tried to jump in my lap and knocked a full glass of water on it.  No screaming, no finger-pointing… because… he’s a good boy.  I’ll deal with the computer after a good nights sleep.  We are wiped.

But, we did stay ahead of the weather.  Oh, we drove through some precipitation a time or twelve, but rain, not snow or freezing rain.  The rain is supposed to hit here tomorrow, and temps falling into the 30s by Friday… damn cold for here.  We have experienced more than enough cold weather this past week.  It was 80* here at home today - big change coming.

No photos, and some short posts until I decide what to do about my MacBook… I am slow working on this iPad.

No comments: