Monday, August 3, 2026

A Bar Fight...

 

Are you starting trouble again, Jim?

No.  And, hey, it isn't always me starting things.  Last night, I had nothing to do with it.  As near as I can tell, Murphy and Stella got into a drunken brawl.  On our bed.  It extended to Joan's nightstand, where something went crashing to the floor.  I didn't know that Joan had a collection of empty beer cans (since neither of us drink beer), but that is what it sounded like.  Probably some kind of jewelry.  Whatever, it made a lot of noise.

The cats like to sleep by Joan.  Body heat?  Murphy goes for the legs, Stella is more about the torso.  It frequently "traps" Joan under the covers.  So, that is fun.

Then, about 4:48, the "Hugala, hugala" sound that precedes a cat spewing puke.  On our bed.  It was Murphy.  I swear he shoves his paw down his throat, just to make that gagging sound.  It is very effective in getting the humans up from a sound sleep.

When I got up for real, I discovered that Stella had overturned the rack that hold 3 foot and water dishes.  That, too, is fun.  There were cat toys scattered about. 

I would say I am going to need a nap today, but I have music with Mark and the guys.  Yes, I am taking my new amp.  We'll have lunch and make some music.  Pretty sure there won't be time or space for a nap.

--------

Today will be 15 days in a row of "Extreme Heat Warning," with an expected high of 113º.   It was 94º at 6:15.  So, that's fun, too.

No comments: