Thursday, August 27, 2026

Not Bad...

 

The new PRS guitar?  No, that is very good.  I am enjoying this different perspective.

Joan took Murphy outside while I was laying out our morning pills and making a cup of hot chocolate.  I joined them out there and checked the chemistry in the hot tub... all good.  Joan and I visited for a bit, then I mentioned what looked like virga to the east, near the sunrise.

I am not the only weather nerd in the family: we both pulled up weather apps.  With some clouds blocking the morning sun, Joan said, "It's not bad out here this morning."

It was 92º.  The high today is predicted to be 115º.  "Not bad"... that is perspective.  With that virga, there is a small chance of rain this morning.  "Do you want me to put away the furniture cushions?" I asked.

"No.  If we get any rain, they will be dry in an hour."  Summer in the desert; monsoon season.

--------

A couple photos from last night...

The first, a shot of the nearly full moon, taken with my phone...


 The moon coming up over South Mountain.  It wasn't quite dark.  I was outside with Murphy, and that moon was lighting up the yard.  For those interested: the full moon will be tonight.  And, a bonus for those who go out to look at it: a partial lunar eclipse.  Maximum coverage of 96% at 9:12 pm here in Phoenix.

I had mentioned the thought of my new guitar melting in the heat...


 No, it is not melting - that is the protective plastic being peeled off the pick guard and pickups.  I felt good about removing that and cutting up the box for recycle - this guitar is a keeper.  :-)

 

 

No comments: