If you said, "The film from 1952, starring Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor, and Debbie Reynolds - and the title song from that movie," you get 30 bonus points. Mostly for being more of a geezer than I am. ;-)
This particular post has nothing to do with me. Steph and Dan went to see John Mellencamp in concert last night. At an outdoor concert venue. In August. During monsoon season.
We got a text from her, saying "Lightning all around them." I let her know that, checking radar, rain was coming their way. A few minutes later: "We are soaked to the skin!"
The concert was stopped and attendees were told to "Shelter in place or go to your cars for safety." There is a cover over the main seating, but a lot of open "in the grass" seating. When the storm passed, Mellencamp came back on again.
I asked them this morning how the concert went. "We felt like youngsters - most of the crowd was older than us." They have seen Mellencamp in concert quite a few times in the past - he is one of Steph's favorites.
I did mention to her that "Mellencamp is older than me." She had to look it up: yep, he is a year older than I am.
They both said that he was showing his age during the concert. "Ahem - only a year older than I am."
Dan said, "You are a young 73; he is an old 74." A life of rock 'n roll will do that to you.

No comments:
Post a Comment