Almost. The tracking reads those 3 special words: "Out For Delivery." Interestingly enough, it is still the same 3-hour window that it said it would be when UPS first picked up the box. I would think as they get closer, they could narrow that window.
If it was winter and we lived somewhere in the frozen northland, you have to let a guitar sit in the case for 24 hours to come up to temperature so the finish won't check (get cracked). Instead, we have blistering heat - high today is supposed to be 116º. Seems about right - at 11:30 am, it is 110º. My guitar is sitting in the back of that hot truck. I feel sorry for it. And the driver. Maybe they have air conditioning in the UPS trucks here in the desert? I just looked it up: no, the cargo area is not air conditioned; it further said "temperatures can reach 130º to 140º in that cargo area in the summer." Cool. Not. Hopefully, the finish isn't melting.
In the meantime, Joan is continuing work on the Fishman Loudbox amp. My involvement on this project is limited to disassembly and reassembling. A speaker needed to be removed to get to a retaining nut on the inside of the sealed speaker enclosure; yep, that's for me...
The naked amp...
Test fitting another piece of the new Tolex...
Joan getting the glue spread...
This is the detail finish work. I am staying clear.




No comments:
Post a Comment