OK, Jim, what did the cats do now?
No, this isn't about our cats. This blog just passed 4 million views this morning. No, I don't know why. I mentioned this to Joan and she said, "I don't get it - a guy and his cat. No offense, but what's the appeal?"
"First of all: ouch. And second of all, it isn't just about a guy and his cat(s) - it's also about a guy and his guitars. A guy and his motorcycles and scooters. A guy and his RV. Yeah, and I don't get it, either."
I do a YouTube video about a new amp and it gets 1,000 views. I do a YouTube video about Meta Glasses and it gets 12,000 views. Different interests, so I get that. "Unboxing videos" - I am amazed that those get more views than an actual in-depth review of something. I think there is more interest in getting something than using something.
My YouTube videos are similar to this blog, where I write about (or talk about) what interests me. Or, as Joan puts it: a very public diary.
But, let me tell you how cute the cats were this morning...
No comments:
Post a Comment