Monday, December 17, 2018

7 in 7...


My "7 songs in 7 days challenge" to myself is done; as a way to get familiar with the Spire Studio recording device.

We started our day out with a chilly scooter ride out for breakfast - across the causeway to Pier 19...


According to the outside air temp on the Vespa, it was in the upper 50s.  That is chilly for us.  Breakfast was tasty, and then it was off to the Coastal Mail shop to send a lens to Nikon for repair.  It is our main "dolphin lens," but the backup one did fine yesterday.

A few other errands, then settling in at home before noon.  Joan went to work on her latest sewing project, I went into the music room for the last of my "7 songs in 7 days" with the Spire Studio recorder.  Trying to decide what to play, I went for an old Jimmy Buffett tune... you can't live in the Tropical Tip, be a guitar player, and not do at least a few Jimmy Buffett songs.

Here's Tin Cup (for a chalise)...

https://soundcloud.com/captainjimb/tin-cup-for-a-chalice

2 guitar tracks, 2 vocal tracks, bass, shaker.

Hope you enjoyed this week of recording with the Spire Studio - I am feeling pretty comfortable with it now.


No comments: