Friday, December 14, 2018

Day 4, song 4...


Please Come To Boston.

Apparently, my music room is more soundproof than I thought: I didn't hear the FedEx Truck roll up in front of our house, or the doorbell ring.  A new kitchen faucet arrived, and by the time I was done recording, Joan had removed the old faucet and was getting the new one ready to take its place.

Yes, really - I didn't hear all that... I wasn't just hiding so I didn't have to try to shimmy this old body into the cabinet under the sink.  When I did come out, I was Joan's plumber assistant, handing her wrenches and keeping the faucet in place while she tightened things from underneath.  For the record, she has always been the family plumber... as the assistant, I just need to know the important plumber stuff: shit flows downhill, wash your hands before you eat lunch, payday is Friday.  Of course I am joking - I don't have a payday.  ;-)

The recording: 7 tracks on this one.  Two guitar (one acoustic, one electric, both done with the Emerald X20), bass, drums, and 3 vocal tracks.

https://soundcloud.com/captainjimb/please-come-to-boston-1

This was a good "windy day" project.  Pretty blue sky and lots of sunshine today, but the temperature didn't make it out of the low 60s, and the wind is out of the northwest at around 30mph, gusting well into the 40s.  I wasn't going to get out on the boat or the scooter, anyway.

The Wind Advisory is in effect until this evening.  19% humidity - about as low as I have ever seen here.

I do a bit of "trimming" on these recordings - there is always some extraneous noise before and after playing (breath sounds, the chair squeeking, my hand on the guitar strings).  Today, the noise I noticed was from that northwest wind.




No comments: